A-Data SSD not detected

Hard disks, SSD, SATA interface, external HDD
GeorgS

A-Data SSD not detected

Post by GeorgS »

My FitPC2s, being used as thin clients, have so far worked fine with every 2,5" harddisk I installed (2 regular, 1 SSD) but now I have an SSD from A-Data (32 GB, SATA-2) which the BIOS just fails to detect. The very same SSD works fine when connected to other computers in-place or via SATA-to-USB converters; it's just in the FitPC2 that it isn't detected. I have upgraded to the latest BIOS (24/12/09) with no improvement. There are no BIOS settings I can see that would help remedy this - I have tried switching between "DOS" and "Other" access. Is it possible that some up-to-date SSDs require some kind of access mode that the FitPC2 BIOS does not recognize?

TIA,
Georg

irads

Re: A-Data SSD not detected

Post by irads »

First make sure that the fit-PC2 still recognizes other hard-disks so the SATA interface has not failed.
We do not know why some SSDs are not recognized in BIOS. We are investigating that.

GeorgS

Post by GeorgS »

Thanks for the reply! I got it working, it seems to have been a BIOS problem: What I had to do was in the BIOS perform both "reset to factory defaults" AND "clear extended ECD data (or something like that, I don't have the device at hand right now). After doing that, the SSD was immediately recognized and is now working just fine.

Looks like there could be some "history" in the BIOS' hard-drive detection routine?

Anyway, if you have a hard-drive that isn't recognized by the FIT-PC2's BIOS, try resetting everything in the BIOS to default state and try again, this worked for me.

Cheers,
Georg

irads

Post by irads »

thank you for the tip. I was not aware of that.

Return to “Storage”