Power usage

Power discussions, CPU and case temperature
jmlxg10

Power usage

Post by jmlxg10 »

Hello,

I am going to get the value version it might use less power due to not having Wifi but I am not sure does anyone have and answer to this? I know that the difference between the Atom Z510 and Z530 in power is very little but the Z510 model is cheaper so I will be getting that one. :mrgreen:

I want to get the power down to about 5 watts even thought it takes less than 10 watts am I able to do this? :?:

I just hope I can get one from a place like amazon soon because I want a small pc to sit near my 28" lcd monitor. :D

Jesse

arie

Re: Power usage

Post by arie »

The model w/o WiFi takes less power.
If you will put an SSD instead of the HD, it will consume even less.

Software plays a major role in power consumption, and in many usage scenarios the average consumption is even lower than 5W.

monnier

Re: Power usage

Post by monnier »

arie wrote:If you will put an SSD instead of the HD, it will consume even less.
Do you say it based on concrete data, or is it just based on "general belief"? While there have been some low-power SSDs (like the Corsair S128 and its 0.5W consumption when active), all the 2.5" SSDs I can find nowadays aim for "high performance" and don't seem to end up consuming less than your run-of-the-mill 2.5" HDD (at least the spec sheet's data are very similar, typically around 0.5W idle and 2.5W active).

Return to “Power and Heat”