Display drivers

pzh20

Display drivers

Post by pzh20 »

I cannot seem to get any of the display drives to work.

I'm running XP Pro SP3, and have tried the fit-PC-XP-Display-070809.zip, but nothing changed, the GMA500 download, just gave me 640x480 4bit colour!

I've managed to get the ethernet drivers working, but still show AVR309: USB to UART protocol converter (simple), the Network Controller and the Video Controller (VGA Compatible) entries under the Other Devices withing the Device Manager with a yellow ? and !

It's as if the software doesn't recognise the hardware.

The instructions are not that clear, when selecting the Video Controller, right clicking and updating the driver, I get to the location of the downloaded drivers, and I always get an error saying "The specific location does not contain information about your hardward"

Running in 640 x 480 even in 32bit mode is just about useless.

Regards
Pete

irads

Re: Display drivers

Post by irads »

Display driver - install using the provided setup.exe utility.
AVR309 - this is the IR receiver. A driver is provided on the website.

pzh20

Post by pzh20 »

There seem to be at least 3 different sets of Display Drivers, normal, wide-screen and GMa500, only the later has the setup.exe so I assume this is the one I should use. However, when I tried that, XP was showing 640x480 4 bit colour only and wouldn't let me change it!

Regards
Pete

irads

Post by irads »

pzh20

Post by pzh20 »

Ok, I tried the Setup.exe, which ran through, restarted the pc2 and still only had 640x480 4bit display, tried the manual approach, and again the same. Noticed that under the list modes I could select 800x600, which I did, so now got 800x600 4bit!

Really not sire what's going on here. Could it be that the monitor needs drivers loaded? It's an Samsung wide screen monitor.

Regards
Pete

pzh20

Post by pzh20 »

I loaded the drivers for the monitor, no change

Regards
Pete

pzh20

Post by pzh20 »

Tried a different monitor and drivers, still no change. It must be the drivers because if I remove the GMA500 drivers I get 32bit colour, but when I install the drivers I get 4bit colour!

The install text says use igxp32.INF but the download has igxp32_New.INF

Could that be the problem?

Regards
Pete

pzh20

Post by pzh20 »

I've just read another review which seems to describe my problem. They are trying to use the Fit PC without a monitor (see http://joe.zawodny.com/index.php/2009/06/18/fit-pc2/). So maybe it's something to do with this?

Regards
Pete

pzh20

Post by pzh20 »

Solved it!

After reading the comment in the link above, I thought that it must be something to do with the monitor not broadcasting its capability or something. I replaced the monitor with a very new one from my office and it worked immediately!

Without turning off the PC, I swapped the monitor with the original, and the resolution was fine. I then restarted the PC and the resolution went back to the 4bit situation as above. This monitor works fine on my desktop, but for some reason something is not being recognised on the Fit PC2. However, I've proved it does work and I'm very happy. I'm now going to plug it into my flat screen TV, I hope that works out the resolution issues!

Regards
Pete

pzh20

Post by pzh20 »

OK, after solving that problem I have to report that plugging the Fit PC2 into my flat screen tv worked perfectly, no problems at all, thanks for your help.

Regards
Pete

Return to “Display driver”