Fedora 11

agillis

Fedora 11

Post by agillis »

Has anybody tried Fedora 11 on the fit PC2? I am testing it here and it hangs under light to medium network load.

lazytt

Re: Fedora 11

Post by lazytt »

Sound like you got it to boot then. Thats pretty good!

agillis

Post by agillis »

Yes it boots fine. An it seems to be a problem with CPU variable speed. Once I disabled it in the BIOS the problem when away.

It hangs on a reboot command. I read in another thread you need a special kernel to fix this. Does anybody know another way to get reboot to work?

lazytt

Post by lazytt »

+1/ I havnt seen the system reboot normally either. It just hangs after shutdown

Marcelo

Post by Marcelo »

I have Fedora 10 working fine. Used to freeze here and there and this is indeed related to CPU frequency scaling. Having a custom compiled kernel without CPU frequency scaling or disabling Processor Full speed at BIOS solves the issue.
NOTE: Disabling the option in the bios will not reduce the speed of your CPU which will run at full speed (yep, this is confuse terminology) it will instead deactivate the CPU frequency scaling.

Mal

Post by Mal »

Got Fedora 11 to install perfectly well, having created a Live-CD image onto a USB stick and transferred o/s from that.

The restarting issue is easily solved by adding 'reboot=b' at the end of the grub.conf kernel line.

Return to “Other Linux distributions”